Art Contest Rules.
NOTE: This year’s contest has been postponed until further notice.
- To enter, participants must complete a contest entry form and submit at least one artwork entry prior to the contest deadline (June 30, 2018). The entry form will be available on this website beginning Thursday, March 1, 2018.
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Multiple entries are allowed, up to a maximum of three.
- There is no specific theme for the contest; all art submissions will be accepted as long as they adhere to the contest guidelines.
- Only original works of art will be accepted. Photography, prints or digital media of any kind will not be accepted.
- Entries must be on canvas, paper or other two-dimensional medium.
- There are no size restrictions; however, the artwork must be able to be shipped in a mailing tube or box.
- Entries containing discriminatory content, gang names or insignia will be disqualified.
- Once submitted, all entries become the sole property of Street Art Galleries (SAG).
- Entries must be postmarked no later than June 30, 2018.
Judging & Grand Prize
- Entries will be judged by the public via an online forum (Instagram) for a 30-day period, beginning July 1, 2018 and ending July 30, 2018 (12:00 PM PST).
- After 30 days, the entry with the most votes wins. In the event of a two-way tie, each winner will receive 50% of the prize of their choice.
- Any exchange of payment for votes, or attempt to obtain votes fraudulently, will result in immediate disqualification.
- The grand prize for the winning entry is either (1) a $5,000 educational scholarship (provided by the Welsh Foundation) or (2) a $1,000 cash prize. The scholarship will be payable to the winner’s educational institution of choice, to be used for tuition, books or other educational expenses.
- The winner will be notified by phone on Tuesday, August 1, 2018. The winning entry will also be posted on this website.
- Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited.